We are an organization of owners and admirers of vessels designed by Naval Architect, Arthur DeFever. Some of our members own “Some Other Boat” and even though we call them SOBs, they are actually very nice people. Some have the wrong boat and want a real DeFever. Others had a DeFever and moved to a different boat but want to maintain their many friendships within our club. They are all welcome.
When you are a member:
- You will meet a lot of nice people. Only nice people can join.
- Our website and our Forum will keep you posted on upcoming rendezvous. Enjoy our picture gallery, boat descriptions, and links to our sponsors. Join online.
- The DeFever Cruisers MAGAZINE, published quarterly, has great content about cruising, technical subjects and interesting ideas. Members receive it by email and can also download it from our website to read past issues. You can also order a printed Magazine to be mailed to you.
- Our DeFever Cruisers ROSTER may be downloaded by members only. Use it to locate and meet other members when you travel or when you just need to check a phone number or a boat name. Use it to get local information when you are cruising and need some help with your boat or your teeth.
- You can join the DeFever Cruisers FORUM, an online discussion group. Ask questions and get answers from other members who have experience and knowledge to share.
- Attend a great Rendezvous and learn from informative seminars on boat systems, cruising destinations, new equipment, vessel troubleshooting and maintenance. Meet nice people with common interests. And visit multiple DeFevers on “Open Boat” days. Everyone has a great time!
- Have fun at an informal Mini-rendezvous in the Bahamas, the Chesapeake Bay area, the Pacific Northwest, Southern California, or anywhere else three or more Cruisers gather. Members can post their plan to host a Mini on our Forum.
- Turn the nice people you meet into life-long friends who share your interests and have a passion for cruising.